Festivals and Annual Events
Shreveport - Bossier is home to nearly 55 festivals and annual events celebrating everything from Mardi Gras and crawfish to film and beer. Many of those events are held at Festival Plaza in downtown Shreveport. Music, food and fun are the highlights of these family-friendly celebrations.
10 popular Shreveport festivals arranged by event occurrence include:
- Battle of the Gumbo Gladiators
- Cork Premier Wine Tasting
- Ark-La-Tex Ambassadors BBQ Cook-off
- Barksdale Air Force Base Airshow
- Mudbug Madness Festival
- Let the Good Times Roll Festival
- Red River Revel Arts Festival
- Louisiana Film Prize and Music Prize
- Brew: A Premier Beer Tasting Event
- State Fair of Louisiana
However when you want an off-the-beaten path experience, some of the rural communities present free, family-friendly festivals such as the Sunflower Trail and Festival in Gilliam and Gusher Days Festival in Oil City.
Explore this section for a complete list of festivals and annual events in Shreveport - Bossier and surrounding communities. Check out this video to get a flavor of the festivals in the area.