Shreve Memorial Library is pleased to announce plans for the first-ever Shreve Memorial Library Children's Book Festival! The literary event will featured famed children's book authors, local authors and illustrators of children's books, fun games and activities for kids, and delicious food.
Festival-goers will be able to meet children's authors up close and in person at festival tents, have their books autographed, and see each author bring their stories to life on stage. Featured authors for the event include:
- Alyssa Capucilli, beloved author of the "Biscuit" series
- Nina Crews, acclaimed children's book illustrator and author of "Seeing into Tomorrow: Haiku by Richard Wright
- Denise Fleming, author of children's favorites "This is the Nest that Robin Built" and "Buster Goes to Cowboy Camp"
- Brian Lies, award-winning author and illustrator of "Bats at the Beach" and "Gator Dad"
- Bob Shea, author and illustrator of "Dinosaur vs. Bedtime," "Unicorn Thinks He's Pretty Great," and the "Ballet Cat" early reader series
Local authors and illustrators are encouraged and invited to participate in the festival by reserving a 10' x 10' booth space. Deadline for reserving booth space is Friday, April 20. Those interested may contact Jennie Weeks at (318) 226-4980.
The event is sponsored by Shreve Memorial Library and LSU-Shreveport.