THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Beginning March 17, The Glen will host eight events through October to bring a diverse group of scholars, leaders and artists to residents and the Shreveport-Bossier City community.
The series, called CATS: Events on Culture, Arts, Technology and Science, was created by The Betty and Paul McDonald Foundation. Each of the events will provide insight and illumination into the critical issues of our time, especially those that relate to Northwest Louisiana.
This will be the fourth year of CATS at The Glen. Previous years have featured musical performances from the Shreveport Opera and Shreveport Symphony, educational presentations on food and culture, and technological tutorials on how to use Snapchat and how to take a selfie with your smartphone.
The CATS Series is founded on and promotes the following learning outcomes:
• Have a more informed community
• Recognize the social responsibility of the individual within the larger community
• Practice awareness of and respect for the diversity of cultures and people
• Identify how economic, political and social systems operate now and operated in the past
• Engage in open-minded and ethical decision-making and action
All CATS events begin at 3 p.m. at The Glen. Each event is to the public at no charge, however space is limited.
The 2020 CATS Series events will take place: March 17, April 14, May 19, June 16, July 21, Aug. 18, Sept. 15, and Oct. 20.
CATS at The Glen - CANCELED
- The Glen