As part of National Tourism Week, Mansfield State Historic Site staff – in collaboration with the DeSoto Parish Tourism Bureau – will conduct a guided tour of the Pleasant Hill Battlefield on Saturday, May 13. For those who call and register before April 22, the cost will be $25 per person. After that, the price will go to $30. Call today and take advantage of the savings.
Visitors will meet at Mansfield State Historic Site at 10:30 a.m. A brief overview of the battle of Mansfield and lead up to the battle of Pleasant Hill will be given at the museum, before leaving for the battlefield. Bus transportation and lunch will be provided to registered participants. The last day for pre-registration is Saturday, May 4; and seats are limited (39) to register or for more information, call the park at 318-872-1474.
What is offered:
1. Tour of Mansfield Battlefield Museum
2. Historian-led bus tour of Mansfield, Wilson’s Farm, and Pleasant Hill Battlefields
3. Guided walking tour of the Pleasant Hill Battlefield and old town site
4. Complementary lunch served at the Pleasant Hill Battlefield
Mansfield State Historic Site is located on State Highway 175, three miles south of Mansfield. For more information, call 318-872-1474.
Like the Facebook page for more details.
Pleasant Hill Battlefield Bus Tour
- Mansfield State Historic Site