Explore the eclectic homes and vibrant community that makes up two of Shreveport's oldest neighborhoods for the Highland Christmas Home Tour, Saturday, Dec. 9-10. Hop on our holiday trolley and get a glimpse of the most beautiful and intriguing homes within the Highland and Fairfield historic districts. The Saturday evening candlelit tour takes guests through the stately mansions of Fairfield Avenue, while the Sunday Very Merry tour explores the heart of the Highland neighborhood. Enjoy cocktails and treats along the way and peruse the artwork of our Highland artists throughout both tours.
Stops included on the Saturday Candlelight Tour:
- 847 Robinson Place
- 853 Robinson Place - Queen Anne cottage built by the McAney family in 1904.
- 2439 Fairfield Avenue “A Bed and Breakfast” - 1905 Queen Anne Victorian home.
- 832 Kirby Place
Stops included on the Sunday Very Merry Tour:
- St. George Orthodox Church, 1719 Creswell Avenue. Built in 1938, this is the only Byzantine style building in Shreveport. The church recently installed new mosaics in celebration of its centennial.
- 1535 Irving Place, a Queen Anne cottage
- 240 Boulevard Street, a 1928 bungalo
- 424 Dalzell Street
- 662 Wichita Street
- 2631 Highland Avenue, a 1945 cottage
For more information, contact Christmas Home Tour Chair Michele Marcotte at 318-313-7176 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highland Christmas Home Tour
- Historic Highland and Fairfield districts